In a move seen by many as a “return to home”, Connection Matters Radio (CMR) is launching nearly nine months earlier than planned and premiering on Victoria’s first and only Aboriginal-owned and -operated radio station, 3KND 1503AM.
The first episode of CMR will air on 3KND between 7:00pm and 10:00pm on Monday the 20th of April 2020. It will also be carried on various podcasting channels soon after going to air.
“A great fit”
3KND General Manager Gerry “Gman” Lyons said: “Charles first went to air with his current affairs show Connection Matters on 3KND in 2017, so it’s a great fit that the show’s successor goes to air on this station.”
The decision to fast-track the launch of the program was influenced directly by the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic and subsequent lockdowns introduced by the Victorian and Federal governments.
“Keeping our mob up-to-date and entertained is – after the safety of our people – our prime focus,” Gman stated.
“With Charles’ unique interviewing and broadcasting style, there’s no doubt that the show will be a major support for Victorian Aboriginal and broader communities during these hard times.”
Our first guests
The first CMR program will feature a number of high profile and interesting guests yarning with Charles. These include:
- Marcus Stewart, co-Char of the First Peoples’ Assembly of Victoria;
- Coree Thorpe, Community Development Leader at Dardi Munwurro (Strong Spirit); and
- Les Chessells, Aboriginal Community & Social Planner at Banyule City Council.
In addition to…
Connection Matters Radio is just one of three programs Charles is now producing and hosting on 3KND during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to CMR, he is also hosting:
- Sixties Sojourn (Melbourne’s home of sixties music) – 3:00pm to 6:00pm every Sunday
- Chillin’ with Charles (Your requests and easy listening music) – 7:00pm to 10:00pm every Wednesday
Note: Connection Matters Radio encourages everyone to support 3KND as a Friend Of or Subscriber (https://www.3knd.org.au/subscribers)