Victoria has recorded 70 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 19,138.
The overall total has increased by 58 due to 12 cases being reclassified mainly due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 23 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 47 are under investigation.
There have been five new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. Two women aged in their 70s, two women aged in their 80s and one woman aged in her 90s. Two of the deaths occurred prior to yesterday – the retrospective reports are due to amended reporting obligations for aged care facilities and data reconciliation work.
All five of today’s deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 570 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4327 cases may indicate community transmission – a decrease of 11 since yesterday
- 2519 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 421 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 20 in intensive care
- 15,967 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,235,040 test results have been received which is an increase of 10,153 since yesterday.
Of the 2519 current active cases in Victoria:
- 2317 are in metropolitan Melbourne under stage 4 restrictions
- 139 are in regional local government areas under stage 3 restrictions
- 57 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
- 6 are interstate residents
- Greater Geelong has 50 active cases, Greater Bendigo has eight active cases and Ballarat has five active cases.
Of the total cases:
- 17,729 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1150 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9153 men and 9968 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3138, active cases: 352
- There are 1197 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 214 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 203 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 193 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 161 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
- 139 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 124 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
- 123 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
- 115 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
- 115 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
- 114 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 42 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 15; Total Staff cases: 27
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 36 (15 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 6 (0 residents)
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Key outbreaks with new cases include:
- 71 cases linked to Peninsula Health Frankston
- 44 cases have been linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer
As a result of contact tracing investigations, a number of cases with unknown transmission have been reclassified and removed from the total.
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.