Victoria has recorded 90 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 19,224.
The overall total has increased by 86 due to four cases being reclassified.
Within Victoria, 22 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 68 are under investigation.
There have been six new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. Five men aged in their 80s and one man aged in his 90s. Three of the six deaths occurred prior to yesterday.
Five of today’s six deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 576 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4351 cases may indicate community transmission – an increase of 24 since yesterday
- 2415 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 406 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 18 in intensive care
- 16,152 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,248,952 test results have been received which is an increase of 13,912 since yesterday.
Of the 2415 current active cases in Victoria:
- 2234 are in metropolitan Melbourne under stage 4 restrictions
- 125 are in regional local government areas under stage 3 restrictions
- 50 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
- 6 are interstate residents
- Greater Geelong has 40 active cases, Greater Bendigo has eight active cases and Ballarat has five active cases.
Of the total cases:
- 17,823 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1154 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9198 men and 10,011 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3206, active cases: 332
- There are 1177 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 214 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 203 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 197 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 161 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
- 139 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 127 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
- 123 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
- 116 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
- 115 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
- 114 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 35 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 12; Total Staff cases: 23
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 32 (12 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 3 (0 residents)
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Key outbreaks with new cases include:
- 72 cases linked to Peninsula Health Frankston
- 45 cases have been linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer
The department is also investigating cases linked to Dandenong Police Station, Kingston Centre in Heatherton and Doutta Galla Aged Services Woornack in Sunshine. More information will be available in coming days as these investigations continue.
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.