Victoria has recorded 148 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 18,464.
The overall total has increased by 134 due to 14 cases being reclassified largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 43 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 105 are under investigation.
There have been eight new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday: Two men aged in their 70s, four women and one man aged in their 80s and one woman aged in her 90s.
Seven of the eight deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 438 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4061 cases may indicate community transmission
- 3651 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 617 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 35 in intensive care
- 14,288 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,119,199 test results have been received which is an increase of 13,060 since yesterday.
Of the 3651 current active cases in Victoria:
- 3279 are in metropolitan Melbourne under stage 4 restrictions
- 215 are in regional local government areas under stage 3 restrictions
- 147 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
- 10 are interstate residents
- Greater Geelong has 74 active cases, Bendigo has 23 active cases and Ballarat has six active cases
Of the total cases:
- 16,876 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1109 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 8845 men and 9584 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 2785 active cases: 475
- There are 1530 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 211 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 195 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 166 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 159 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
- 138 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 120 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
- 118 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
- 113 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
- 110 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
- 109 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 55 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 13; Total Staff cases: 42
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 42 (13 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 13 (0 residents)
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Key outbreaks with new cases include:
- 84 cases have been linked to the Australian Lamb Company in Colac
- 58 cases have been linked to Peninsula Health
- 35 cases have been linked to the Vawdrey Australia in Dandenong South
- 33 cases have been linked to Diamond Valley Pork in Laverton North
- 16 cases have been linked to Docklands Studios Melbourne
The Department is also investigating cases linked to the St Vincent’s Private in East Melbourne.
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.