Victoria has recorded 149 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 18,608.
The overall total has increased by 144 due to five cases being reclassified largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 47 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 102 are under investigation.
There have been 24 new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday: One woman in her 60s, three men in their 70s, three women in their 80s, seven men in their 80s, six women in their 90s and four men in their 90s.
21 of the 24 deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 462 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4116 cases may indicate community transmission
- 3488 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 578 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 39 in intensive care
- 14,572 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,132,679 test results have been received which is an increase of 13,480 since yesterday.
Of the 3488 current active cases in Victoria:
- 3135 are in metropolitan Melbourne under stage 4 restrictions
- 203 are in regional local government areas under stage 3 restrictions
- 139 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
- 11 are interstate residents
- Greater Geelong has 66 active cases, Bendigo has 23 active cases and Ballarat has six active cases
Of the total cases:
- 17,026 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1112 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 8906 men and 9663 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 2799, active cases: 434
- There are 1487 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 211 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 195 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 169 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 159 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
- 138 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 120 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
- 118 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
- 113 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
- 111 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
- 109 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 50 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 13; Total Staff cases: 37
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 39 (13 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 11 (0 residents)
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Key outbreaks with new cases include:
- 38 cases have been linked to the Vawdrey Australia in Dandenong South
- 17 cases have been linked to Docklands Studios Melbourne
The Department is also investigating cases linked to Glenferrie Private Hospital in Hawthorn, Holmesglen Private Hospital in Moorabbin, Thomas Embling Forensic Hospital in Fairfield, Spotless Laundry in Dandenong, and Peuker and Alexander Timber in Campbellfield. In aged care, new cases are being investigated at Gary Smorgon House in Caulfield and Baptcare Brookview in Westmeadows.
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.