Victoria has recorded 16 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 20,145.
Within Victoria, 15 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and one is under investigation.
Of today’s 15 cases linked to outbreaks, 10 are linked to aged care (three at Baptcare Wyndham Lodge, three at Opal Hobsons Bay, two at Embracia Moonee Valley, and one each at Estia Keilor and Doutta Galla Woornack) and four are linked to a complex case. One case has links to both this complex case and Baptcare Peninsula View in Frankston.
Of today’s 16 new cases, there are five cases in Frankston, four cases in Hobsons Bay, three cases in Brimbank and Wyndham and a single case in Melton.
There have been two new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. Two men in their 70s. One death occurred prior to yesterday.
One of today’s two deaths are linked to a known aged care facility outbreak. To date, 784 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
The average number of cases diagnosed in the last 14 days for metropolitan Melbourne is 22.1 and regional Victoria is 0.6. The rolling daily average case number is calculated by averaging out the number of new cases over the past 14 days.
The total number of cases from an unknown source in the last 14 days is 31 for metropolitan Melbourne and zero for regional Victoria. The 14-day period for the source of acquisition data ends 48 hours earlier than the 14-day period used to calculate the new case average due to the time required to fully investigate a case and assign its mode of acquisition.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4273 cases may indicate community transmission – an increase of three since yesterday
- 399 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 51 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including nine in intensive care
- 18,901 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,661,989 test results have been received which is an increase of 10,680 since yesterday.
Of the 399 current active cases in Victoria:
- 389 are in metropolitan Melbourne under the First Step of our roadmap
- Nine are in regional local government areas under the Third Step of our roadmap
- 1 is an interstate resident
- 0 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
- Colac Otway has one active case, Greater Geelong has one active case and Greater Bendigo and Ballarat have no active cases.
Of the total cases:
- 18,754 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1192 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9606 men and 10,526 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3523, active cases: 64
- There are 209 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 260 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 220 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 140 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 132 cases have been linked to BlueCross Ruckers Hill Aged Care Facility in Northcote
- 127 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
- 124 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
- 122 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
- 121 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
- 108 cases have been linked to Glendale Aged Care Facility in Werribee
- 108 cases have been linked to Kalyna Aged Care Facility in Delahey
In Victoria there are currently five active cases in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 0; Total Staff cases: 5
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 4 (0 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 1 (0 residents)
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Non-aged care outbreaks with the highest number of active cases include:
- 11 active cases are currently linked to the Casey community outbreak (total cases: 44)
- 12 active cases are currently linked to Footscray Hospital (total cases: 20)
- 7 active cases are currently linked to Alfred Hospital (total cases: 11)
- 5 active cases are currently linked to the Springvale shared accommodation outbreak (total cases: 5)
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.