Victoria has recorded 113 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 18,822.
The overall total has increased by 108 due to five cases being reclassified largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 34 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 79 are under investigation.
There have been 12 new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday: One man in his 70’s, one man in his 80s, two women in their 80s, five women in their 90s and three men in their 90s.
All of the 12 deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 496 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4197 cases may indicate community transmission
- 3141 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 513 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 29 in intensive care
- 15,101 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,178,012 test results have been received which is an increase of 19,863 since yesterday.
Of the 3141 current active cases in Victoria:
- 2828 are in metropolitan Melbourne under stage 4 restrictions
- 187 are in regional local government areas under stage 3 restrictions
- 115 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
- 10 are interstate residents and one overseas resident
- Greater Geelong has 65 active cases, Bendigo has 15 active cases and Ballarat has six active cases
Of the total cases:
- 17,315 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1129 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9016 men and 9781 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 2972, active cases: 449
- There are 1362 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 212 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 197 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 175 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 160 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
- 140 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 121 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
- 118 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
- 114 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
- 112 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
- 110 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 45 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 14; Total Staff cases: 31
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 37 (14 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 8 (0 residents)
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Key outbreaks with new cases include:
- 88 cases have been linked to the Australian Lamb Company
The department is also investigating cases linked to Monash Health and G&T Chickens in Brooklyn. More information will be available in coming days as these investigations continue.
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.