Victoria has recorded 94 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 18,903.
The overall total has increased by 81 due to 13 cases being reclassified largely due to duplication.
Within Victoria, 16 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 78 are under investigation.
There have been 18 new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday: One woman in her 60’s, one woman in her 70’s, two men in their 70’s, four women in their 80’s, five men in their 80’s, one woman in their 90’s and four men in their 90’s.
16 of the 18 deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 513 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4223 cases may indicate community transmission – an increase of 26 since yesterday
- 2983 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 481 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 26 in intensive care
- 15,324 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,196,126 test results have been received which is an increase of 18,114 since yesterday.
Of the 2983 current active cases in Victoria:
- 2744 are in metropolitan Melbourne under stage 4 restrictions
- 177 are in regional local government areas under stage 3 restrictions
- 53 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
- 9 are interstate residents
- Greater Geelong has 59 active cases, Bendigo has 16 active cases and Ballarat has six active cases
Of the total cases:
- 17,523 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1137 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9046 men and 9839 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3029, active cases: 411
- There are 1305 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 212 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 198 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 176 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 160 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
- 140 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 122 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
- 119 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
- 114 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
- 114 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
- 111 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
In Victoria there are currently 43 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 14; Total Staff cases: 29
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 36 (14 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 7 (0 residents)
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Key outbreaks with new cases include:
- 40 cases have been linked to Hazeldean Transition Care
- 68 cases have been linked to Frankston Hospital
- 160 cases have been linked to JBS Brooklyn
- 40 cases have been linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.