Victoria has recorded nine new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 20,220.
The overall total has increased by 11 due to two cases being reclassified.
Three of today’s nine new cases have been linked to known outbreaks or are considered complex cases. These are linked to the Butcher’s Club Chadstone Shopping Centre outbreak, with single cases linked to Corrigan Produce Farms Clyde North and Coles Williamstown. The other six cases remain under investigation.
Of today’s nine new cases, there are four cases in Casey and single cases in Greater Dandenong, Hobsons Bay, Hume, Whittlesea and Greater Shepparton.
There have been no new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. To date, 806 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
The average number of cases diagnosed in the last 14 days for metropolitan Melbourne is 11.6 and regional Victoria is 0.3. The rolling daily average case number is calculated by averaging out the number of new cases over the past 14 days.
The total number of cases from an unknown source in the last 14 days is 13 for metropolitan Melbourne and zero for regional Victoria. The 14-day period for the source of acquisition data ends 48 hours earlier than the 14-day period used to calculate the new case average due to the time required to fully investigate a case and assign its mode of acquisition.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4275 cases may indicate community transmission – an increase of one since yesterday
- 227 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 30 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including three in intensive care
- 19,126 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,754,516 test results have been received which is an increase of 9,023 since yesterday.
Of the 227 current active cases in Victoria:
- 223 are in metropolitan Melbourne under the Second Step of our roadmap
- 4 are in regional local government areas under the Third Step of our roadmap
- Colac Otway has one active case and Greater Geelong, Greater Bendigo and Ballarat have no active cases.
Of the total cases:
- 18,825 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1195 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9643 men and 10,563 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3541, active cases: 29
- There are 77 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest active case numbers are as follows:
- Estia Aged Care Facility Keilor: 28 active (total cases: 47)
- Opal Hobsons Bay Aged Care Facility Altona North: 11 active (total cases: 46)
- Edenvale Manor Aged Care Facility Keilor East: 11 active (total cases: 23)
- Embracia Moonee Valley Aged Care Facility: 8 active (total cases: 80)
- Baptcare Wyndham Lodge Community Werribee: 4 active (total cases: 260)
- Doutta Galla Aged Services Woornack: 2 active (total cases: 60)
- Mercy Place Parkville: 2 active (total cases: 104)
In Victoria there is currently one active case in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 0; Total Staff cases: 1
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 1 (0 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 0 (0 residents)
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Non-aged care outbreaks with the highest number of active cases include:
- 24 active cases are currently linked to The Butcher Club–Chadstone outbreak (total cases: 24)
- 6 active cases are currently linked to the Springvale shared accommodation outbreak (total cases: 8)
- 6 active cases are currently linked to Electra Park Medical Centre Ashwood (total cases: 6)
- 4 active cases are currently linked to Alfred Hospital (total cases: 12)
- 3 active cases are currently linked to the Casey community outbreak (total cases: 45)
- 3 active cases are currently linked to Western Health Sunshine (total cases: 3)
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.