Victoria has recorded 15 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 20,233.
The overall total has increased by 13 due to two cases being reclassified.
Eight of today’s 15 new cases have been linked to known outbreaks or are linked to a complex case. Three are linked to the Chadstone Shopping Centre (The Butcher Club) outbreak, two are linked to Estia Keilor, with single cases linked to Embracia Moonee Valley, the Oddfellows Café in Kilmore and a complex case. The other seven cases remain under investigation.
Of today’s 15 new cases, there are three cases in Greater Dandenong and Wyndham, two cases in Brimbank and Frankston and single cases in Darebin, Melbourne, Moonee Valley, Moreland and Mitchell.
The positive case reported in Greater Shepparton yesterday has now been removed after follow-up testing and further investigation indicated it is a false positive.
There has been one new death from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. One woman in her 90s. The death occurred prior to yesterday.
Today’s death is linked to a known aged care facility outbreak. To date, 807 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
The average number of cases diagnosed in the last 14 days for metropolitan Melbourne is 10.6 and regional Victoria is 0.3. The rolling daily average case number is calculated by averaging out the number of new cases over the past 14 days.
The total number of cases from an unknown source in the last 14 days is 13 for metropolitan Melbourne and zero for regional Victoria. The 14-day period for the source of acquisition data ends 48 hours earlier than the 14-day period used to calculate the new case average due to the time required to fully investigate a case and assign its mode of acquisition.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4275 cases may indicate community transmission – the same as yesterday
- 216 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 21 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including one in intensive care
- 19,149 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,763,802 test results have been received which is an increase of 9,286 since yesterday.
Of the 216 current active cases in Victoria:
- 213 are in metropolitan Melbourne under the Second Step of our roadmap
- 3 are in regional local government areas under the Third Step of our roadmap
- Mitchell has two active cases. Colac Otway, Greater Geelong, Greater Bendigo and Ballarat have no active cases.
Of the total cases:
- 18,837 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1195 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9652 men and 10,567 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3542, active cases: 27
- There are 66 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest active case numbers are as follows:
- 25 active cases are currently linked to Estia Aged Care Facility Keilor (total cases: 50)
- 10 active cases are currently linked to Opal Hobsons Bay Aged Care Facility (total cases: 46)
- 10 active cases are currently linked to Edenvale Manor Aged Care Facility Keilor East (total cases: 23)
- 7 active cases are currently linked to Embracia Moonee Valley Aged Care Facility (total cases: 81)
- 2 active cases are currently linked to Doutta Galla Aged Services Woornack (total cases: 60)
- 2 active cases are currently linked to Mercy Place Parkville (total cases: 104)
In Victoria there is currently one active case in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 0; Total Staff cases: 1
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 1 (0 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 0 (0 residents)
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Non-aged care outbreaks with the highest number of active cases include:
- 27 active cases are currently linked to the Chadstone Shopping Centre (The Butcher Club) outbreak (total cases: 28)
- 6 active cases are currently linked to Electra Park Medical Centre Ashwood (total cases: 6)
- 5 active cases are currently linked to the Springvale shared accommodation outbreak (total cases: 8)
- 3 active cases are currently linked to Alfred Hospital (total cases: 12)
- 3 active cases are currently linked to Western Health Sunshine (total cases: 3)
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.