Victoria has recorded 63 new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 19,538.
The overall total has increased by 59 due to four cases being reclassified.
Within Victoria, 14 of the new cases are linked to outbreaks or complex cases and 49 are under investigation.
There have been five new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. One woman in her 80’s, three women in their 90’s and one woman in her 100’s. Three of the deaths occurred yesterday, while two occurred prior to yesterday.
All of today’s deaths are linked to known outbreaks in aged care facilities. To date, 666 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4365 cases may indicate community transmission – a decrease of five since yesterday
- 1872 cases are currently active in Victoria
- 283 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including 19 in intensive care
- 16,921 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 2,390,450 test results have been received which is an increase of 18,338 since yesterday.
Of the 1872 current active cases in Victoria:
- 1734 are in metropolitan Melbourne under stage 4 restrictions
- 98 are in regional local government areas under stage 3 restrictions
- 38 are either unknown or subject to further investigation
- 2 are interstate residents
- Greater Geelong has 19 active cases, Greater Bendigo has four active cases and Ballarat has two active cases.
Of the total cases:
- 18,172 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1178 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9321 men and 10,187 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3294, active cases: 261
- There are 916 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Active aged care outbreaks with the highest cumulative case numbers are as follows:
- 228 cases have been linked to BaptCare Wyndham Lodge Community in Werribee
- 215 cases have been linked to Epping Gardens Aged Care in Epping
- 206 cases have been linked to St Basil’s Homes for the Aged in Fawkner
- 162 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Ardeer
- 139 cases have been linked to Kirkbrae Presbyterian Homes in Kilsyth
- 127 cases have been linked to Twin Parks Aged Care in Reservoir
- 124 cases have been linked to Cumberland Manor Aged Care Facility in Sunshine North
- 118 cases have been linked to Japara Goonawarra Aged Care Facility in Sunbury
- 117 cases have been linked to Estia Aged Care Facility in Heidelberg
- 116 cases have been linked to BlueCross Ruckers Hill Aged Care Facility in Northcote
- 116 cases have been linked to Outlook Gardens Aged Care Facility in Dandenong North
In Victoria there are currently 23 active cases in residential disability accommodation:
- Total resident cases: 10; Total Staff cases: 13
- Active cases in NDIS homes: 23 (10 residents)
- Active cases in ‘transfer’ homes (State regulated/funded): 0
- Active cases in state government delivered and funded homes: 0
Outbreaks with the highest number of active cases include:
- 20 active cases are currently linked to Frankston Hospital
- 16 active cases are currently linked to Vawdrey Australia Truck Manufacturer
- 15 active cases are currently linked to Bulla Dairy Foods in Colac
- 12 active cases are currently linked to JBS Brookyln
- 11 active cases are currently linked to the Royal Melbourne Hospital Royal Park campus
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.