Victoria has recorded no new cases of coronavirus since yesterday, with the total number of cases now at 20,346.
The overall total has decreased by one, as one case has been reclassified.
There have been no new deaths from COVID-19 reported since yesterday. To date, 819 people have died from coronavirus in Victoria.
The average number of cases diagnosed in the last 14 days (18 Oct 2020 – 31 Oct 2020) for metropolitan Melbourne is 2.2 and regional Victoria is zero. The rolling daily average case number is calculated by averaging out the number of new cases over the past 14 days.
The total number of cases from an unknown source in the last 14 days (16 Oct 2020 – 29 Oct 2020) is one for metropolitan Melbourne and zero from regional Victoria. The 14-day period for the source of acquisition data ends 48 hours earlier than the 14-day period used to calculate the new case average due to the time required to fully investigate a case and assign its mode of acquisition.
The one mystery case is in the postcode 3081.
The Department of Health and Human Services continues to work to contain an outbreak of coronavirus in Melbourne’s northern suburbs with just under 35,000 tests processed from that area since Tuesday 20 October.
A total of 2,103 test results were processed yesterday, with a further 876 tests processed this morning from northern suburbs testing sites in the local government areas of Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Moreland and Nillumbik.
In the Deer Park area, the Department is continuing to investigate a case reported on Friday and is encouraging people with any symptoms to visit a local testing site. The case is being managed as a new infection pending further tests, with 21 close contacts identified and in quarantine.
In Victoria at the current time:
- 4276 cases may indicate community transmission – the same as yesterday.
- 61 cases are currently active in Victoria.
- 2 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, there are no cases in intensive care
- 19,466 people have recovered from the virus
- A total of 3,190,219 test results have been received which is an increase of 15,998 since yesterday.
Of the 61 current active cases in Victoria:
- 61 are in metropolitan Melbourne under the Third Step of our roadmap
- There are no cases in regional local government areas under the Third Step of our roadmap.
Of the total cases:
- 18,954 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 1199 are from regional Victoria
- Total cases include 9702 men and 10,631 women
- Total number of healthcare workers: 3574, active cases: 3
- There are 4 active cases relating to aged care facilities
Non-aged care outbreaks with the highest number of active cases include:
- Northern metro region community (active 17, total 42)
- Eastern Health Box Hill Hospital (active 1, total 15)
As public health work is undertaken throughout the day, outbreak totals are likely to change as the public health team identify links between cases and identified outbreaks. Organisation based outbreak totals include contacts as well as employees/residents/staff/students of that location/business.
Information regarding COVID-19 is available at the Department of Health and Human Services website or by calling 1800 675 398. Testing site details are available here: dhhs.vic.gov.au/where-get-tested-covid-19